Health Benefits of Oats
Oats are 100% no-preservatives, real food with no additives. They provide high nutritional value at an economical price. Oats have received the ‘official imprimatur’ of the nutritionists and health experts worldwide due to the presence of high level of soluble fibers (2 grams per half cup of rolled oats). Soluble fibers from oats are more satisfying as they absorb water and turn to gel. These fibers add bulk and slows down the digestion process which makes it more likely for us to lose weight over time. Soluble fibers also helps control blood sugar level. A diet containing soluble fibers helps to reduce LDL (low-density lipoprotein) level, the bad cholesterol, thus improving our heart health.
The protein content in oats is higher than many other grains with 5 grams of protein for half cup of oats. The outer layer of the oat kernel contains antioxidants. Vitamin E (tocols), phytic acid, phenolic compounds and avenanthramides are the most abundant antioxidants found in oats.
If you are on a diet, one ingredient you must include in yours meal plan is OATMEAL. There is no substitute- trust me! If you are wondering how to make oatmeal delicious, I have a recipe for you: THE WEIGHT LOSS COOKIES.
These cookies are soft and chewy in the center with slightly crunchy edges. This can be done in a breeze, so let’s bake!
- 2 1/2 cups of oats flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup of raw cane sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of milk at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
- Wet-Mix: In a large bowl, mix together raw cane sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla essence
- Dry-Mix: In a separate bowl, mix oats’ flour, rolled oats, baking powder and baking soda
- Dough: Then, using a mixer, slowly add the Dry-Mix into the Wet-Mix ingredients. Mix well till it becomes a sticky dough
- Take out a baking tray and spread a butter paper sheet in it
- Make balls with the Dough, press them down to shape the cookies. Place them on the baking tray and bake them in the oven for about 10-14 minutes at 180 degree celsius. Take them out of the oven as they become golden from edges
- Hey wait! restrain your cravings for 10 minutes and let the cookies cool down for better taste